Tuesday 29 November 2011

Did breaking dawn suck the life out of twilight?


Hey Guys,




Lets get something straight. 

I love twilight.

Maybe not "twihard" to the extent that i'm dying my hair black and converting my life to worship vampires, but i've read the books, watched the films and been hooked and in love ever since.
To be fair I think my obsession may be fuelled by my little bit massive obsession with robert pattinson but can I make clear that this will only help me to ignore bad parts of the film or book and encourage be to like it more.

But lets get to the point. On the 19th of November I went to see "Breaking Dawn" part 1. Yes, a day after the release date, let me remind you I am a big fan. And I was soo excited to see it but, after having seen it I was a little confused by how I felt. I love the whole series so much so I really really wanted to like it, but i'm just not too sure that I did.

I just felt that as it's obviously not a real film they need to make it as realistic as possible. But there were lots of visions and special effects and computerised bits that just sort of ruined the seriousness of the film.   It's usually pretty intense and i'm hanging of every word but this time they just took a lot of the tension and action and surprise out of it and spent a long time saying very little. 

And I don't want to sound harsh or disappoint anyone because i've heard lots of different things but the thing is i've read the book and loved it just as much as all of the others. Its just the film  that hasn't lived up to my expectations. To my understanding it's a different director and I feel he's taken it in different direction and despite my love of the saga, storyline and r.patz parts of the film we're just too different and not to my taste so they stick out more than the bits I enjoyed.

However,
I do feel I need to give it another chance and see it again, and despite my ramblings I will definitely be buying the DVD. But PLEASE guys let me know your thoughts. I desperately want to like it, so if anyone can remind me how good it was and change my mind I will love you forever!!

Peace and Love 
xO

No comments:

Post a Comment