Wednesday 2 November 2011

It's no use crying over spilt milk :(


Hey Guys got a bit of a hypocritical rant here but i'll try to keep it as short and as sweet as possible. As you clever people have guessed it all about not crying, over spilt milk.

Basically my inspiration for this blog was two things that happened today. Basically I had a BMAT exam.  And being super clever I decided not to do all that much revision. Classic scenario and not the first time i've done this either!!!

So I sat the exam today and I nearly had to call the invigilator over to check they hadn't given it to me in Spanish. So general assumption- it didn't go well... But at the end of the day yes, I should have done more revision but beating myself up about it will not magically change my result in two weeks time. Okay, you're bound to be upset but lets not let everything else around you suffer as a consequence. Most importantly, learn from it!! I've gone through what I feel has been a horrible last couple of weeks and if there is any positive from it, it is that I will not let another exam go the same way because I don't want to be this stressed ever again! And this can be applied to any situation.

 Granted in the grand scheme of life this whole shenanigan isn't going to affect my life all that much; so obviously, in other more serious situations you will have more of a right to be upset, and of course be upset. I love a little cry sometimes, makes me feel better. But you can't let your whole life waste away because of one thing. Keep up with the rest of your life so it doesn't crumble with you and try to do something positive from a bad situation. This can be hard, but it really is the only way.


And the big thing that made me realise this. Was something really bad happened to a good person today. It's personal and I won't go into details but this is genuinely bad and horrible situation that it makes my exam today not one bit significant. This event has brought sadness to a lot of people and so it just goes to show that there really is more to life than a test, breaking up with a boyfriend or losing your favourite bracelet. Be upset, learn to be more careful but realise its not the end of the world and there is so much more to life than that. 

So in the nicest way, cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. So long as its a nice strong and happy one (see below). You can't ignore problems so do get upset but you have to deal with it too. The time you're upset for depends on the severity of the situation but know, things will get better. And if it really is something small don't be sad for too long.

Remember:
In every cloud, there is a silver lining....

Chin up, keep smiling 
Love and Peace 
Wings ox

P.S if any of you need to talk, drop me an email and we'll have a natter!
- totally anonymously if you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment